Visa sponsorship and relocation support
RELOCATION: to Eindhoven, Netherlands
Designing, implementing and maintaining highly advanced software tooling which will be used to process and distribute digital geographic data of world leading data providers. The processed geographic data will be used in worldwide navigation products of market leading customers like VW, BMW and Daimler.
You report to one of our Project leaders or our Development Manager (hierarchically) and SW architect (technically).
The activities will take place within the connected services team in the ‘Innovation and Development’ (I&D) department. This I&D is a team of over 85 software engineers who work on a suite of highly advanced software tools. The software tools are used by the product creation and validation department to create the products for our customers or they are deployed in a datacenter to provide a map update service to our customers. The work environment is mainly Linux based, making use of open source tooling as much as possible.
Activities within the connected services team comprise the development of software that is used to offer map updating services to OEM customers called “connected services”. This platform is offered as a service and connects to the backbone of our OEM customers to facilitate (incremental) map updates and other communication from and to the car. Within the connected services project team you will be responsible for your own products, under supervision of the SW architect and project leader. Besides developing, documenting and testing your own code, reviewing the work of colleagues and problem solving also belong to your responsibilities. You like to work as part of a self-organizing Scrum team.
We have an ISO9001-certified quality system for the entire company and has achieved A-Spice level 2.
• Developing and maintaining connected services related tooling.
• Performing peer code reviews.
• Performing developer tests on your own code and creating automated tests (system tests and unit tests)
• Creating and updating SW documentation (e.g. wiki).
What we expect:
• A MSc or BSc degree, preferably in computer science,
• > 7 Years experience in software development (design and implementation),
• Advanced practical experience in software development using modern C++
• Experience with developing and using RESTful web services and JSON,
• Experience with Python,
• Experience with UML modeling,
• Experience with other modern object-oriented languages (e.g. Scala) is a bonus,
• Enthusiasm for software and the automotive sector,
• Knowledge of Linux,
• Good knowledge/experience in both relational (e.g. SQLite, MySQL) and NoSQL database systems (e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j)
• Applied knowledge in at least one of the following domains: distributed computing, scalable architecture, high availability, microservices, CI/CD, containers/virtualization, cloud computing
• Practically minded: a “doer”,
• Command of written and spoken English,
• Ideal candidate not necessarily has a driver license … but does have the ambition to work with us on the roadmap for self-driving cars
• A competitive salary (based on a 40-hour week), consistent with your level of education and experience;
• An initial one-year contract with the prospect of an indefinite contract;
• One extra month’s salary per year (‘13th month’), plus 8% holiday allowance annually;
• 25 vacation days, 5 compensation days;
• Flexible working hours;
• Extensive training opportunities;
• Pension and health insurance scheme;
• Relocation support (where applicable): we make sure that you settle down and feel supported while starting your new life in Eindhoven. With our extensive experience on relocation, we work together with you to ensure your relocation goes as smoothly. From the visa application process, documents consulting, coverage of flight and hotel to visa sponsorship, 30% tax exemption applications, supporting school and housing search, the language courses for you and for your partner, we are here to help every step you personally every step of the way.
Additional information about Eindhoven:
Eindhoven has become one of Europe’s prominent high-tech regions in recent years. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the high quality of life, effective educational system, the combination of city facilities and the serenity. Furthermore, Eindhoven has excellent national and international transport links give you the chance to travel.